BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions only apply to accommodation booked through M & T PROTARAS PROPERTY LTD (hereinafter called Protaras Property). We accept no responsibility whatsoever for properties which are booked directly with property owners. We act as a booking agent ONLY in respect of all accommodation booked through the site. We undertake no responsibility for and are not liable for any misrepresentation of the property, breaches of statutory duty or negligence of any of the owners who advertise their properties through us. In the event of you suffering personal injury, illness or death as a result of any act or omission of an owner, Protaras Property will be under no liability whatsoever. We will not personally select the accommodation for you or your party and you understand that your accommodation arrangements are not part of a package tour and and are not part of The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992
- Reservations. On receipt of your completed and signed booking form, accepting our Terms and Conditions, we will process your reservation and send you confirmation of the booking. You need to make a 25% deposit payment with the booking and the balance is payable on invoice 8 weeks prior to travel. Once you have made a booking, a contract is made. Your reservation is dependant on receipt of your deposit to secure the booking. The deposit required to secure the booking is non-refundable. If your arrival date at the reserved accommodation is within 8 weeks or less, then full payment is required with the booking form (together with the additional Inventory deposit). When completing the booking form the names of all clients travelling must be clearly displayed (including any infants and children). The total number of guests must not exceed the number on the booking form and the name of every client using the accommodation must be shown. All clients must have adequate travel insurance. If you do not have insurance, PROTARAS PROPERTY cannot be held responsible for any losses or accidents incurred during the period of the holiday. Please provide us with details of your travel insurance when you have it available. We regret that we cannot accept bookings from anyone under the age of 18 years. It is the client’s responsibility to make sure that they have received directions and where to locate the key prior to travel. Normally the client would always receive this information 7 days prior to departure. In cases where this does not occur, clients should contact PROTARAS PROPERTY to obtain this information.
- Accommodation and rental period. Your accommodation is reserved from 3.00pm on the date of your arrival. On the day of your departure we would ask that you vacate the accommodation by 11AM in order to give the cleaner’s time to prepare for the next arrivals. These time restrictions may occasionally be altered at our discretion BUT YOU MUST REQUEST AT THE TIME OF BOOKING IF YOU NEED A LATE CHECKOUT, WHICH CANNOT ALWAYS BE GUARANTEED, AND PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE MAY BE A LATE CHECKOUT CHARGE. Please note that arrivals in the early hours are still counted as one night in the accommodation and costs must be calculated accordingly. Our accommodation is all priced by the week but we are happy to look at all individual circumstances and offer part week accommodation or on a daily basis. In this instance the extra nights are simply calculated on a pro rata basis. All guests in the accommodation are kindly requested, and agree to leave the accommodation in the condition in which they found it on their day of arrival. If the accommodation is not left in such condition then PROTARAS PROPERTY reserves the right to make a deduction from any inventory deposit to cover the cost of extra cleaning. All guests are expected to take good care of the property and its surroundings and agree to ensure that the behaviour of anyone in the party does not cause any nuisance or disturbance to other people in the vicinity. Where we do complaints from other residents in this regard, you will be requested to vacate the property, without any refund of monies paid. The majority of our villas and apartments are privately owned and are of course furnished to the individual owners’ taste. The standard and style will therefore vary from one property to another. Wherever possible we will always try to give accurate descriptions of each accommodation, with internal/external photos whenever possible. Please remember however, that price alone is not always an accurate guide and interiors and surroundings may vary from pictures supplied. All our accommodation is non-smoking inside the property and we respectfully request that clients only smoke outside or on the veranda and patio areas.
- Cancellation – by client. In the unlikely event that you need to cancel your booking please ensure that you have adequate travel insurance to cover this eventuality. Any cancellations must to be notified to us in writing and sent both by post and email (if available). You must ensure that you receive a response from us as confirmation that the cancellation has been received by PROTARAS PROPERTY. Please note that should it be necessary for you to cancel, PROTARAS PROPERTY will make every attempt to re-let the accommodation and will immediately make the dates available. Should we be successful in re-letting the accommodation, we will refund any monies due to you, less an administration charge which would consist of your initial deposit. Should we be unable to re-let the accommodation, then the charges detailed below will apply. Cancellation charges are as follows:
Cancellation Period % charge due of full Accommodation cost
42 days or more Deposit
Between 28 – 41 days before departure 50% of total cost
Between 27 – 14 days before departure 75% of total cost
Less than 14 days before departure 100% of holiday cost
- Cancellation – by Protaras Property. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation when this is due to circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, failure of equipment, loss of water supply, electricity, adverse weather conditions, threat of war, riot, industrial disputes, construction work etc. If such events should occur or if the property is withdrawn from our rental portfolio for whatever reason, or the price changes for the property beyond our control, we will offer you alternative accommodation of a similar or often ‘upgrade’ accommodation. Should the client not wish to take the alternative accommodation, the deposit only shall be forfeit and all other monies returned, except in exceptional circumstances, when all monies will be refunded. This is at our discretion.
- Amendments by the client (Guests). If the guests need to make any changes to the original booking, after payment of deposit and full confirmation, then Protaras Property will do our best to comply with your request. Please this request in writing (email is acceptable). An amendment fee is payable (maximum of £40 per booking). If you need to change dates, then please let us know at your earliest convenience and we will endeavor to assist you in this request, at minimal cost to the renter, and this is at the discretion of the Company. There are no refunds for any accommodation which is unused by the renters.
- Inventory Deposits. Due to the quality of our properties, and according to individual contracts with our accommodation owners, a FULLY REFUNDABLE Inventory Deposit of £200 to £300 is payable at the time your full holiday balance is due. This deposit is held to cover any breakages or damage to any items in the property, Final clean when needed plus to ensure the return of the key. You will not normally be charged for minor breakages, for example glasses, etc. In the event that the Inventory Deposit is not sufficient to cover any damages or breakages, the client (renter) agrees to pay the balance of any damage, which will be notified to the client by us. If you have paid by credit card, we reserve the right to charge your card with the balance of any damages, which your deposit does not cover. You will be sent an invoice which will detail all charges in this instance. This Inventory Deposit is also fully refundable in the event of any cancellation. In some instances property owners reserve the right to charge a higher inventory deposit, dependent on number of guests and quality and cost of replacement furnishings/fittings. Guests will be advised of this at time of booking. Please make sure that you contact us within 3 weeks of your return from holiday to request the return of your deposit, we have numerous clients and will not automatically send back the deposit unless requested. Deposit will then be returned asap.
- Special Requests. Any special requests should be put in writing to us and we will make every effort to adhere to your requests. However we cannot guarantee that we will always be successful. Please advise us at the time of booking of any special requests.
- Cleaning services. All bed linen and towels are provided with all properties and the property will be cleaned for your arrival. Mid term cleans can be arranged at your request, which would be payable locally by the client. All kitchens are fully equipped with necessary utensils for self-catering. All have oven, hob, fridge, most have washing machine and in some instances, a microwave is provided.
- Air Conditioning and Utility services. In those properties which have air conditioning, this is usually but not always, included in the rental price. If it is not included the cost (payable locally) would be charged per unit per day. Electricity and gas (in bottles) is included in the price.
- Swimming Pools. Swimming pools are generally available for use between May and October. However, this is not a strict rule and differs between properties. With any bookings outside of these dates, please check with us that the swimming pool is ready for use, if there is a pool available for use with the property. PROTARAS PROPERTY can accept no liability for any accidents which may occur in swimming pools and areas around the pools and, as always, you should make sure that you have adequate holiday insurance to cover such eventualities. We would expect all clients to be vigilant and careful (i.e. no running around pool areas, no diving, no ball games as surfaces are often slippery, no running on any potential slippery internal or external surfaces with wet feet) with all members of their party when using swimming pools and areas surrounding pools. In accepting these booking Terms and Conditions, you are acknowledging this situation and effectively signing a disclaimer that PROTARAS PROPERTY and any of our owners are not liable for any claims in the event of any accidents.
- Construction Work/Interruptions. Occasionally routine maintenance work and repairs have to be carried out in and surrounding the accommodation. Also, construction work can be a problem and we can only give assurances in this regard at the time of booking. PROTARAS PROPERTY cannot be held responsible should such activities commence without notice to us, in proximity to any of our properties. We are not generally notified in advance and are not in a position to prevent such construction work. We undertake to notify clients as soon as we are aware of any such works, which may affect the enjoyment of their holiday accommodation, but clients must be aware that this is not always possible and sometimes you may be near to a construction site. If construction work commences without our knowledge, after the booking process, we cannot accept responsibility for this
- TV/Satellite TV. Most accommodation with TV and video or DVD player will only have foreign channels. Some accommodation will also have satellite TV which will usually consist of only essential Satellite TV, and this does not guarantee that all Satellite TV channels will be available. Please do not attempt to retune satellite TV’s as this may incur the expense of having a technician attending the property to sort out any problems.
- General comments. PROTARAS PROPERTY will endeavour to make sure all clients have a wonderful holiday and are completely happy with our service and their chosen accommodation. We reserve the right to refuse reservations for parties of 4 or more people of the same sex (however, where possible, we do try to accommodate such groups with any appropriate accommodation, subject to availability). In the unlikely event of any complaints by the client, please let PROTARAS PROPERTY (or their local resort representative) know as soon as possible and we will do everything in our power to rectify any concerns, within the time constraints allowed. Finally, may we wish all our clients an enjoyable experience and look forward to being of service to you in the future.
- Conduct/Behaviour. We request that all guests do not make any disturbance or undue noise at any time, and to be respectful of other residents in the vicinity. Should such incidences occur, and in our opinion, you are behaving in a way as to cause undue stress, danger, damage or annoyance to other residents (or indeed the property you are living in), then guests would be requested to immediately vacate the accommodation, and find your own alternatives, without any refund of any monies paid. We will have no further liability to your party and will not be held responsible for any costs you may incur as a result of your eviction from the property. You will also be held responsible for any costs incurred by Protaras Property as a result of this. Should we foresee problems with any such eviction, we (or our representatives) will not hesitate to call the police to assist in our endeavour’s.
- FURTHER ACCOMMODATION RENTAL TERMS, WHILST IN THE PROPERTY:
DEPARTURE - On the day of departure, unless otherwise pre-arranged for later checkout time, you will need to vacate the property by 11.00AM. You may leave suitcases in the entrance by prior arrangement however access must be permitted for the cleaning team to enter the property at the correct time. Failure to do this will result in a charge being deducted from your security deposit
RUBBISH - Please ensure all rubbish is removed from the property on departure and placed in the green bins on the complex, including all opened foodstuff in the fridge. Wash, dry and put away any dishes, pots, etc. you have used, and please leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. There will be a charge from your deposit for any rubbish or waste left in the property
BALCONIES – Please be extra vigilant with children climbing on balconies, and make sure young children are supervised at all times when on the balcony. Guests please do not sit on top of balcony railings at any time. PROTARAS PROPERTY can accept NO LIABILITY for accidents which occur from any of the above.
GARDEN PARASOL - Please make sure that the parasol is closed/put down when not in use, or particularly in windy weather. We would request that all guests are particularly vigilant with this request. Any parasols damaged as a result of misuse, or being left open all the time, guests will be charged for a replacement
LOST KEYS - Please ensure when leaving the property at any time, check that you have the key before closing the door, and ensure you ALWAYS leave the keys in the keybox at the front door. If you lock yourself out of the property, you will be charged for replacement keys/call out at €50 (normal office hours to 8pm). Evening hours will be charged at €75 euro, up to 8am
BARBEQUE - If the property has a barbeque, please ensure that it is thoroughly cleaned, plus all Barbeque utensils used. There will be a charge from your deposit if you fail to do this.
AIRCON - Please ensure that all aircon units are switched off each time you leave the property. DO NOT leave aircon running with windows and doors opened, as it becomes ineffective and the units will not work properly. Please DO NOT set the units lower than 24 degrees, as units set below this will not reach the lower temperatures, and if set too low the units can freeze and leak. It is also detrimental to your health to have them too low.
HOT WATER - Water is heated by solar panels, and in summer months, the immersion switch is not required. However, should it be necessary to heat water, we recommend 30 minutes maximum to do this.
ELECTRICITY - If your electric fails at any time, it is normally the result of too many appliances being used at same time. Check the electric box at your complex, and you will normally find the corresponding switch for your property has tripped out. Just switch back to the ON position